I must say, 2011 was a fantastic year for me! 2009 and 2010 were not my favorite years of all time but 2011 more than made up for it.
Here are some highlights:
In 2011 I hung out with blog friends. I like my blog friends numerous reasons. We had hikes, picnics, dinner parties, went to Lady Face and they taught me to love and appreciate beer.
2011 will always be the year I learned to love beer.
In 2011 I shaved 9 minutes off my half marathon PR in San Diego. I loved everything about this race, but I especially loved staying at the Coronado with my Dad.
In 2011 I bonded more with my law school friends. They are some of my favorite people ever and I cannot wait for second semester 3L with them.
In 2011 I went to Boston and saw one of my favorite people get married!
Shahrin was a stunning bride and I had so much fun at her wedding. Two other friends got engaged over the holidays. Yay for awesome things happening for my friends!
I also got to see other friends that I haven’t seen in a long time.
In 2011 I had a job that I loved over the summer. My co-interns were so much fun to work with and I felt like I finally found a balance of law and client contact that felt fulfilling.
In 2011 I moved to a new apartment closer to Susie Cakes! I love my new apartment. I need to put the finishing touches on it still but I love my new place.
In 2011 I ran my first marathon. I also shared my running story. I still can’t believe I did this.
Running a marathon feels kind of like a dream now. I loved every step of that race. I stayed really mentally tough during the race. I never wanted to quit and I did a great job of motivating myself. Hopefully I can bring that energy into bar exam studying in 2012.
In 2011 I took my first trip to San Francisco. I stayed with my law school friend Chrissy and together we pillaged the ferry building and the farmers market.
Carolyn was also in SF and we dominated the treat situation together, as per the usual.
In 2011 I worked really hard on my JD and now only have 12 measly credits to worry about in my last semester. Huzzah! It was so worth it to load up last semester, even though it resulted in lackluster blogging.
In 2011 I practiced yoga weekly ALL YEAR. I am so proud of myself for sticking with yoga all year. It has helped me mellow out and stay focused. I also fell in love with zumba in 2011.
So how did I do on my goals for 2011?
1. Continue living my healthy lifestyle: I continued healthy living by running a marathon, practicing weekly yoga and trying zumba. I also ate healthfully. Healthy living is a day to day thing. Some days are better than others but overall I did a good job sticking to my lifestyle.
2. Floss more: Whoops. I did not floss more. The only goal that I didn’t achieve this year. Oh well, can’t win them all.
3. Run a marathon: 2011 will always be the year I ran my first marathon. Did it and loved it.
4. Explore my home state: In 2011 I went to San Francisco and San Diego. There are still many CA destinations I want to check out but I was so glad I finally made it to Nor Cal.
5. Continue blogging and refine the focus of my blog: I continued blogging. As you may have noticed, I’m updating less but with longer, more content heavy posts when I do. Expect more of this in 2012.
6. Be more mindful of the energy I put into the universe: This was my favorite goal and regular yoga practice certainly helped me out on this one. This year I was very mindful of the energy I put into the universe and I got positive energy back. I didn’t let little things bog me down and I tried to go into things with a positive mindset. I’ve seen the change in outcomes in my daily life and this practice is likely responsible for how positive my mindset has been all year. Not everything that happened this year was perfect or positive or exactly what I wanted or how I envisioned it, but I kept my positive mindset and that made all the difference. As Abraham Lincoln said: “You are as happy as you make your mind up to be”.
I’ll be back tomorrow with my goals for 2012! Have a safe and happy New Year’s Eve!
I really love the Abe Lincoln quote. I love him. Is that weird? Oh well.
You had a big year, you’ve accomplished a ton! Cheers to 2012. 🙂
I am commenting after having only read the first line so far – YOU’VE BEEN to LADYFACE!???! That’s my absolute favorite restaurant in Agoura (where my parents live). So funny! Ok I’m gonna go finish reading this post.
yes! I love Lady Face! I ate many things smothered in cheese and of course beer while there. What’s not to like?