Happy New Year! How is 2011 going for you so far? Last night I came down with a cold but I’m still making it out this afternoon for a 4 mile run. Gotta start the new year out right! For me 2010 was a year where I got to know myself and I started making healthier decision for myself. 2009 was a year of big change for me but 2010 was about getting on track after all that change. I feel like I had some serious self growth in 2010. With that in mind and after some reflection I’ve come up with my goals for the new year.
- Continue living my healthy lifestyle. 2010 was the year I got healthy, lost 20 lbs. and started running. It has been an incredible year and I want to continue this lifestyle throughout 2011.
- Floss more. It’s a little gross but my dentist just reprimanded me. Clearly I need to remedy this situation.
- Run a marathon. If you’ve talked to me in person or follow my twitter you know that I have a
slight26.2 obsession. It’s also on my bucket list! I might have a plan up my sleeve to accomplish this goal so stay tuned!
- Explore my home state. It might surprise you, but I haven’t spent that much time outside of LA. Sure, I’ve been to Orange County, the Inland Empire, and Palm Desert but I want spend time in other parts of the state this year. I’ve never been to Northern California, Santa Barbara, San Diego or anywhere in between. This is the year I get to know my state!
- Continue blogging and focus on refining my blog. I love blogging and have been at it for almost a year. I was to make sure I continue through 2011. I also want to focus on the content of my blog and improving it.
- Be more mindful of the energy I put into the universe. This may sound vague, but when I went back to yoga last year I was reminded about energy and setting intention. I believe that the energy you put into the universe and the intention you carry can change the outcomes in your daily life and the people and opportunities that come your way. The quote “when you change the way you look at things, the thing you look at change” applies here. I want to remind myself every morning to go into the day with an open and accepting positive mindset.
What are your goals for 2011?