Let’s chat about snacks. I’d be lying to you if I said I put a lot of time into planning my snacks. I love to snack but more often that late recently I’ve been grabbing bars on the go.
and now this…
I have to admit, it is ideal because 1) almost no thought goes into it and 2) I can eat these unobtrusively in class. Not so easy to snack in class when your that girl with a mini wheel of brie. I tend not to feel that bad eating KIND bars and Larabars because both of them only have like 3 ingredients in them (ie: not a ton of preservatives).
But I will admit that my bar eating has gotten slightly out of hand of late. Like two a day which is a bit more than I should probably be eating in terms of health. Not to mention that its a drain on my grocery bill. Normally what happens is that I have either a Kind bar or a lara bar as a filling mid day snack and then I have a chocolate chip z bar as a dessert bar. Hence, up goes the bar consumption. At around $1.20 a bar times roughly 10… you can imagine.
So here is my action plan: 1 bar a day. I will only buy 6 at a time. I don’t have to tell you how much this reduced my grocery bill this week. I was under budget for the first time in a long time. The easiest way to successfully accomplish this is to eliminate my “dessert” bar so today instead of a z bar I had blanched slivered raw almonds with chocolate chips. So good! I am very excited for this adjustment.
And since it’s March 1, how about a little check in on my 2011 goals? Yes, good idea:
1) Continue living my healthy lifestyle: done and done. I’ve dropped to a size 4 (my goal size) and I have kept running and incorporated once a week yoga.
2) Floss more: I floss more, but I’d still like to floss more than I do right now. Still working on it.
3) Run a marathon: I registered for the Chicago Marathon in October!
4) Explore California: I have plans to travel to San Diego in June for a half marathon, possible travel plans over spring break with my mom and am actively chatting with friends about possible trips. Hopefully I will take another trip this summer.
5) Continue blogging, refine the focus: Still blogging, still evolving.
6) Be more mindful: So far this has been a major success! I don’t know if its yoga or smudging my apartment or my overall vibes but I have been consistently happy the past two months than I’ve been in the past two years. The challenge will be going in to March, April and May when I have more work for school and finals etc.
How are you doing with your goals? What is your favorite bar?