Today is Father’s day. I want to send special wishes today to all the fathers, grandfathers, and father figures but extra special wishes have to go out to LCCDad.
I can credit LCCDad with many things and he is an awesome Dad for many reasons. Here is a selected list of them.
- Everything I know about sports I learned from LCCDad. He can also be credited with everything I know about the Big 10.
- He introduced me to the finer things in life like a nice filet minion, the Beverly Hills Hotel, business class for international travel, Istanbul, and Paris.
- LCCDad can be credited with my logic skills and any kind of business savvy I have. As he likes to say, “you’re more like me than you would like to admit”. It’s ok. I will admit it and I will own it.
- LCCDad is cool under pressure. I’ve called him in crisis before and he never yells, never lectures, but helps guide me to the right way out of the situation I’m facing no matter how icky and upsetting it is.
- Getting LCCDad’s daily encouraging and supportive emails is the highlight of my day.
- LCCDad is a math genius. When we were kids David and I would always ask how many seconds there were until X activity started (movie, football game etc) and he always calculated the answer in his head quickly.
- We share a nerdy love of things like local politics. I’m probably the only person in my family who gets as excited about subcommittee meetings as LCCDad.
- LCCDad (and LCCMom too) taught me that it’s important to be engaged in your community. LCCDad didn’t just tell me to be involved in my community; he leads by example by being involved with Village Board, Boy Scouts, and our church.
- LCCDad often provides insight that I am not always able to see when I consult him about my life and that, my friends, is priceless.
Happy Father’s Day Dad! I love you!